PDA

View Full Version : Mud and sons.................

Bones
08-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Well it was time to finish up the last of the must do things for the rig for the upcoming season - Mudding my blinds!
Have to say - I usually try to put it off just cause although its easy - its one of those things like painting that just drags in my mind to be done!
That was until this season - I started doing one of my x-landers and before I knew it I was being joined by my 9,5 and 3 year old sons!
I have to tell you - It was fun!!!! Teaching them why I was doing it and letting them get muddy (and telling them that Mom won't say anything -:LAF: ) got me really into the season! They asked tons of questions on goose hunting, guns and decoys and before I knew it we were done with 3 blinds and the dog blind!
Funny how them telling me they can't wait to go out with me this season and that we need another blind...."there are 4 of us DAD!!" had me feeling pretty proud.
After I got done I realized I should have taken pictures - Days like this don't come around enough!
How about you others - you let your kids join in the prep work?
Bones :TT:

h20fow1
08-23-2006, 02:14 PM
My son (4 1/2) has helped me mud blinds the past 2 years. He will get his day in 10 days again. The first time he made a mess. MUD everywhere. This last time he was a priss about it. Tried his hardest to not get dirty, yet tried so hard to make sure everything got hit with mud. It was a great day.

I also did not get pictures. It is on my list this year though. He points out our "goose field" every day we drive by it. He asks "When are they going to cut the field" Even at 4 he can't wait to see the birds pile in there.

Man I love these days!

Bones
08-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by h20fow1
Man I love these days!
Man isn't that the truth!

Road Runner
09-15-2006, 09:11 PM
So when is the Bones family hunt going to happen? Lookin forward to the pictures. Enjoy the all the time you can with the munchkins, those are memories that last a lifetime:TT: