PDA

View Full Version : NAFA fur sale

Grinner
05-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here has any furs at the may sale?

salthunter
05-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Nope . not for some time for me.
I have only done really well once we had a bunch of early October Dakota coyotes and red fox that went twice what anyone would come close in the region.

A few of us always sold together, the big buyers knew our general quality,.... we often averaged green Minnesota coon for more than we could have gotten for dried shipping to the sale.
Most years that was true with Red River Mink also.
Ive had some high individual pieces that i sometimes sold ($125 red fox:pl: $120 pale beaver) but averages werent their for us.
I do belive that many small trappers will come out ahead than if selling to a local buyer in small lots, even more so if you do a good job putting up and you have a pick-up man and are not paying shipping.
If yor a big number trapper, pull your top 5% and never tell your local buyers ; ship those.
Im not a fisher or otter trapper, but many of those fellows seem to do well at the auctions.
When it comes to western cats you may be better of to sell to someone in Utah,.. Idaho or Montana, The buyers who want those particular cats buy them from the regional fur buyers

pintail09
06-22-2007, 10:34 PM
I did, I sold 18 coons at a $20.17 average with the top at $30.