PDA

View Full Version : Goose Breast Recipe???

growler
10-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Hey Folks,

I shot a couple of geese yesterday and remember people on the forms talking about ways to bbq them. I remember something about marinating the breast and maple bacon. Can anyone fill me in on how to bbq etc the breasts. This will be the first time I have ever breasted a goose. I have always cooked the whole bird in the roaster. I hear that by breasting them and bbq them with maple bacon...they are supposed to be amazing????

Thanks in advance.

Flocknocker
10-09-2007, 08:06 AM
We have hundreds of recipes on the Recipe Forum. If you want to see them all click the view option from the beginning. There are thousands of posts, sure you will find something to your liking.

Cliff

CamoHunter870
10-09-2007, 02:16 PM
When checking out the recipe forum on flocknockers, make sure to check out duckdigglers BBQ Goose Sandwiches.
That recipe of his is top notch, it makes geese taste just like beef. Its my favorite recipe and the way I cook atleast 80% of my goose breasts

Idahogrinder
10-09-2007, 07:03 PM
I think my favorite way is to Smoke them. I have a apple and cherry tree in my yard so I make my own chips. Usually about 325 degrees for about 2 hrs(use your judgement) and it is delicious! I thern usually take the left over, slice it up and warm it in a pot of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce for sandwiches....Excellant!

Brydawg
10-09-2007, 08:43 PM
I cut each breast into 8 pieces, each piece is about 1 1/4" square. Then I marinade them in Dales Steak Seasoning for an hour or so. Then wrap each piece with 1/2 strip of bacon. (Maple is the bomb) Then onto the grill until the bacon is somewhat crisp.
If ya' like a lil' heat with your meat, poke a hole through the middle of each piece an insert a slice of Jalapeno pepper and some cream cheese before wrappin' it in the bacon.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/Brydog_2006/HPIM1938.jpg

growler
10-10-2007, 05:43 AM
Thanks guys.....what do you marinate them with before you wrap them in bacon. I picked up the maple bacon last night (can't wait) along with some soy sauce and Montreal Steak spice.

How long do they take on the bbq to cook so the meat would be approx med. well.

Thanks again folks.........hoping this will be my new favorite thing to do once we shoot a few geese.

Brydawg
10-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys.....what do you marinate them with before you wrap them in bacon. I picked up the maple bacon last night (can't wait) along with some soy sauce and Montreal Steak spice.

How long do they take on the bbq to cook so the meat would be approx med. well.

Thanks again folks.........hoping this will be my new favorite thing to do once we shoot a few geese.
I've tried a lot of different marinades over the years and I personally like Dales Steak Seasoning the best. It makes those Goose Boobs taste better than a good Fillet Mignon.

As far as cookin' em', I use high heat and it usually take about 8 to 10 minutes to crisp the bacon. I like mine kinda bloody when I cut into em', so if you like Medium well, you might want to let em' go 10 to 12 minutes.
This is my favorite way to cook Goose Boobs.,,,,Mmmmm, Broke da' Mouth!

growler
10-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks for all your help......during the 10 to 12 minutes....you just keep flipping the cubes about from side to side to make sure all sides are crisp??

Would the jerky marinade recipe be good as well before bbq these goose boobs?? I saw it had lots of great reviews?? It was posted by ganderman.

My two hunting buddies do not go on the net so I was describing this whole thing with bbq and maple bacon. They kinda think I am crazy but I hope to prove them wrong

ActionPoint
10-10-2007, 04:45 PM
If you don't want to mess with the grill when it's cold out butterfly the breasts, pound them out with a meat mallet or such so they're fairly thin, coat in seasoned flour (I like to use some mesquite grill seasoning), and fry them in bacon grease.