PDA

View Full Version : HEY JOE!..Cheese and Wine Goose Sausage

AllBusiness
12-03-2007, 05:43 AM
I finally found a good recipe for geese that's pretty easy. This will work with venison or elk too. Never tried it with bear but who knows.
WARNING> I go a little overboard with the spices!!!!
Try it this way or mix it how you want then let it set in the frig for a day covered, then fry some up to check the taste.

This is for 20 lbs for sausage,

-14lbs of goose meat. Grind it with the middle still a little frozen to help with moisture.
-6 lb pork butt. This combo is pretty lean. Add straight pork fat if you don't want it so...maybe a pound or 1.5lb.
-3 tbsp ground fennel seed
-3 tbsp of whole fennel seed.
-5 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or dry
-8-10 cloves of garlic chopped, minced, or pressed
-5 tsp salt
-3 tsp dried red pepper flakes
-4 tsp ground black pepper
-6 cups of graded Romano or Parmesan OR 3 cups Rom/3 cups Parm
-3-4 cups of a good Merlot or just any dry red. Enough to give it some moisture and for taste.

A little olive oil for cooking and ENJOY!!!!!
AB

DUCKDIGGLER
12-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Sounds delish!! Where is my sample??? LOL:up:

AllBusiness
12-03-2007, 07:16 AM
I got about 5 lbs or so of links for you to test out that new smoker.
Also some ground for patties. Home this afternoon?
AB

DUCKDIGGLER
12-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Yeah Buddy!!

skb20
12-03-2007, 07:28 AM
I got about 5 lbs or so of links for you to test out that new smoker. Also some ground for patties. Home this afternoon?
AB

Yeah, I'll be around all day. You better drive pretty fast, though. :TT: :rof:

Actually, thanks for the recipe AB. Will try it a bit later in the year. First in line though is a recipe for German goose/potato sausage. I'll give that a go and post up if it is any good.

Thanks again,

AllBusiness
12-03-2007, 09:06 AM
German goose/potato sausage.
Ohhhh, that sounds great!

talltexasshooter
12-03-2007, 10:03 PM
That would be beautiful simmered in a home made marinara and served over some nice pasta. I wish the geese would start migrating down here so I could make some.

DUCKDIGGLER
12-05-2007, 03:45 PM
AB....good job my man! Had 1/2 a package with a couple eggs....good stuff brother! Will be really awesome with sauce and pasta! DD