PDA

View Full Version : Mud Puppy...

GANDER D. BANDER
01-08-2008, 06:06 PM
We slapped another one stupid this morning. We set up about 20 minutes before daylight just on the west of a cow yard. On the edge of this cow yard is an open "pond" that is run off from the yard. Literally hundreds of ducks were piling in after we had set up.
While waiting on daylight a coyote walked the ditch between us and the decoy, 40 yards away. It was a bit to dark and I couldn't see him in the scope. He walked the ditch up to where the decoy and caller was set up. He stood there snffing the decoy for a minute before he wondered off north out of sight.
When daylight came I turned on the caller. It was about 70 yards away and because of the noise coming from that pond 30 yards away. I couldn't hear the caller. I was almost about to get up and go check it when he came running back in. He stopped 30 yards from the decoy and Brock brought the .204 hamma' down on him. At the shot the ducks all took off an the call was doing exactly what it was suppose too. I couldn't belive how loud 600-700 mallards and widgeon could be!

If it's any indication by the condition of the dog. The area we were hunting was pretty muddy!

Brock and his dog...

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9076/brockdogwg0.jpg

bigredguy42
01-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Looks like that 204 did a great job :TT: :TT: :TT:

BlueDevil
01-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Congratulations that's awesome! :TT: