PDA

View Full Version : Welcome home!!

GANDER D. BANDER
01-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Here some pics I thought you guys might enjoy. We are starting to have lion problems around here. I thought I would share themw ith you guys. these are compliments of another guy I didn't take them.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/grnhdseducr/PC270019.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/grnhdseducr/MtnLionschezRoal20Dec07002.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/grnhdseducr/MtnLionschezRoal20Dec07001.jpg

The Baron of Bufflehead
01-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Cool to see... but it might be time to start wearing a sidearm around the yard!

DANE-G-RUSS
01-22-2008, 11:34 AM
These cats really interest me. Just got done reading the latest issue of Ontario Out of Doors. Stuart Kenn, president of Ontario Puma Association, estimates the Ontario population at 550 to 600 cats!!! Who knows the exact number but it's funny that the ministry is just admitting that there may be a small population in the province.
Thanks for sharing the pics.

hooked on waterfowl
01-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Cool pics for sure. Be pretty cool if he shoot him right out of the hot tub.:tn:

GANDER D. BANDER
01-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Those are all pretty small cats. The one on top of the hot tub is a yearling just probably left his mother. A buddy of mine shot a Tom a few years back that was big 180 pound punkin head. I have been fortunate to see a couple of them in the wild they are sure neat animals. But I don't think I would feel comfortable having them standing at my sliding glass door.

Bardern
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
I always heard that cats are really shy. I wouldn't like that hangin around the ranch house, that's for sure.

bigredguy42
01-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Those are very small cats. I'm surprised they are hanging around this guys house. A young cat like that i would think as soon as it gets the smell of humans would run as fast and far away as possible. Is this guy feeding them ? Does this guy have kids or house pets? I was hunting once with this buddy and we where on our way back to camp and i swear there was a cat stalking us. Never saw the cat but you know how you can tell something is watching you. Cool pictures thanks for sharing them :TT:

CTQuackAddict
01-23-2008, 05:34 AM
Those are awsome pics...Big cats imo are some of the most beutiful animals in the world. I dont really think i'd want that hanging out around my house tho...A nice mount in the living room to scare the guests that would be cool. Jumping off of the tv stand or a cabinet right next to the entrance door would yeild some priceless looks.

There is a story i read a month or two ago about a woman who was elk (i think) hunting out west. They went out b4 sun up to get into the teritory they wanted to hunt and on the walk in they were in stealth mode, no lights and it was tough terrain. The woman felt it would be safer to turn on her head lamp so she stopped and did so...They went through the day as usuall nothing out of order. Heres the good part...They left the same way they came in...They are walking out in their tracks and noticed that right where the woman stopped to turn on her head lamp, a coupla yards behind where she stopped there were fresh big cat prints. They were comin in stealth to get an elk and a cat had picked up their trail in the pitch black and was right on their tail...If she hadn't turned on her light at that moment it coulda' been a really ugly morning for them...The cat was easilly within pouncing distance.

That would bug me out a lil bit. The dammage a big cat could do to you from behind in the dark, yikes.

I cant remember where i read it but i think it was espn.com the outdoor page but it coulda been in feild & stream...its like womans first hunt or something

MNHonker
01-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Those look like young ones for sure.

The first pic by the window looks to me like that is a hungry cat. Very thin looking if you ask me. Fear or an easy meal... thinkin this one wanted an easy meal over its fear.

Flocknocker
01-23-2008, 08:54 PM
If they were here they would be dead. No way I want them around my place. A dog barking now is a dinner bell. Used to be they would run from a dog but not any more. Allot of dogs and cats are lost around here, I watch my dogs close when I'm running them. Neighbor lost his small dog a couple weeks ago. Let it out and it was dinner. He had that dog for 13 years, his first year living out in the sticks it gets whacked.

A cat can break an elks neck, so if one hits you right your screwed!!!

If I was that guy and didn't want to kill em I would call the DNR and have em trapped. You can bet mom cat ain't to far either. Nothing good will come out of this guys way of dealing with them cats.

Cliff

benny boy
01-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Cliff, I agree completely. The first thing I though when I saw those pics were how quick I would be grabbing a rifle in season or not. I think Mountain Lions are awesome animals and I have had the privelidge of seeing them in the wild on and occasion, but I will tell you that they are not afraid anymore and for our kids/pets/selves sake they need to be put into check!