PDA

View Full Version : New Bullet

Flocknocker
01-23-2008, 09:43 PM
You guys see that new barns bullet they call the Varmint Grenade. Got a buddy who is shooting them in his 243 and no exit hole, said they are instant death on yotes.

Cliff

GANDER D. BANDER
01-24-2008, 06:22 AM
I saw them at SW the other day if I didn't have a strict list of "needed" Reloading crap I would have picked some up. I would be interested to see how they shoot!

Flipper
01-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Hey Cliff, do they make them for a .223? Does anyone use them in a factory load?

Flipper
01-24-2008, 01:48 PM
I looked them up, Black Hills has one in .223 with the 36 grain grenade. I will need to check those out.

Flocknocker
01-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Yea they have from .204 to .243/6mm. I called them and asked if they would hold up to really hot loads out of my 22-250 and he said yup that's what we made em for. They have a huge open frontal part right inside the hollow-point, they also have one tipped I think. I will load some and see if they hold up. the ones I am using now will blow up if I push em all the way. Just a black puff is all you can see in the scope, to thin of a jacket. If they don't come out of a Yote I will give them a shot. I like the full blow up power I'm getting with these match bullets but I'm leaving some speed on the table as well.

Cliff

GANDER D. BANDER
01-24-2008, 02:14 PM
I think I read when they first introduced them. They were created for police use but came over to the civilian side as varmint bullets. I would be anxious to see how they work on a coyote. I can tell you they will be HELL on Prairie Dog's! I did read on the PM site that some folks were having problems with accuracy. So they don't shoot 1 MOA 5 shot groups but will they knock the snot out of a fat prairie dog? Then that'd be Good'nuff for me. :TT:

Flocknocker
01-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Yea they were developed for special forces I do believe. I can't believe Barns would put out a bullet that would not shoot at lease 1 MOA but who knows. What is the PM site?? If they don't shot well I won't switch I'm getting one ragged hole at 100 yards now.

Cliff

Flipper
01-24-2008, 03:18 PM
I talked to a guy at work that said his .243 won't shoot the lighter bullets well because it has too slow of a twist and won't group them well. That could be the problem. The 1 in 9 in my .223 should work well. Check out the video of the apple being shot with the grenade, very cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rsp0oHhR7s

GANDER D. BANDER
01-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Cliff,
The site is www.predatormasters.com. I have been on there awhile now. Very good info if you can see thru the bickering. Do a search there is alot of post on the bullet on the firearms forum.