PDA

View Full Version : Red Fox #4 Down!

Quacker-Wacker
01-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Well, red fox #4 is down. #2 and #3 went down last week but did'nt get any pics :PO: Kept forgetting my camara! 2 of the 4 I shot in my back yard where I've been throwing my pheasant carcasses. Almost every morning I see fresh tracks around the pile. Between Christmas and New years I was thumbing through a catalog and came across a wireless motion detector and thought hey, I could put it at the pile and it would let me know when the critters came around. Well let me tell you that it works like a charm! That thing goes off almost every night. Well this morning it woke me up at 5am. I got up and looked out the window and saw one mousing around the edge of the of the woods at the end of my back yard.(90 yards) I grabbed my 17HMR and headed to my back room and opened the window and waited for a broad side shot. When the shot presented itself I placed a 20gr xtp right behind the shoulder.:uh: He ran about 20 yards and dropped. That xtp left a blood trail that a blind man could follow. Small entrance and small exit! Can't beat that.
Me and my brother shot 7 fox all in the same basic area this year,(we are just crawling with reds) six of which were taken with the 17HMR. I think it is the perfect gun for fox out to 100 yards. Still havent seen a coyote yet, just a few tracks here and there. Oh well these fox are keeping me busy, plus they are worth more and not as stinky as them yotes! :TT:

hooked on waterfowl
01-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Congrat's!Nice job.

DANE-G-RUSS
01-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Nice looking fox. Congrats

skb20
01-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Good work on B'rer Fox there Ken. Remote motion sensor, eh? Sounds interesting Got a few "applications" here within 100 yards or so of the house. Kindly advise? Also got the .17 :hest:

The Baron of Bufflehead
01-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Good job, Ken!:cool: Looks like a pretty big red to me.

BlueDevil
01-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Congrats! :TT:

Jubilee
01-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Congrats, keep knocking them down, nothing better than shooting from the comfort of your own home.:TT:

honker slayer
01-28-2008, 06:41 PM
very nice