PDA

View Full Version : We'll see if this works

GrayDuck
02-10-2008, 08:34 AM
I am a little behind the times and all my friends are quick to make fun of me. I finally set up a photobucket account so let's see if i can actually get this to work.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg160/bmannell/HPIM0902.jpg

I shot this guy in KS around thanksgiving. Two came in but one hung back in the tall grass at the edge of the field. This one made it to about 25 yards. May have been able to get the double but my wingman (YellowLab) was back in the weeds taking a dump, down wind of me thankfully. :GC:

Flipper
02-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Great job, thanks for posting the pick!

The Baron of Bufflehead
02-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Nice looking dog! Great pic.

So, let's have it... what gun/load and scope?:TT:

GrayDuck
02-10-2008, 05:50 PM
I usually don't do things right the first time but I think I did when I put this calling rig together. I didn't want to spend too much $$$ so i opted for a CZ 527 in Ruger 204 topped with a Burris FullField II 3-9 40mm. I just shoot factory Hornady 32 gr V-max. The rifle is great. Good shooter, nice and light for carrying and the external clip makes it easy to load and unload between stands. As far as the scope goes I don't think there is a better scope out there in the $200 range. Very clear and outstanding in low light conditions.

It only has a handful of kills under its belt but so far I have no complaints.:TT:

YellowLab
02-10-2008, 07:07 PM
May have been able to get the double but my wingman (YellowLab) was back in the weeds taking a dump, down wind of me thankfully. :GC:

I think the only reason she came in was because of those "distress sounds" I was making on the other side of the rock wall.