PDA

View Full Version : Vegetable Goose Soup

733SubDucker
02-12-2008, 07:15 AM
I'm not even a huge fan of vegetable soup, but this one turned out fantastic. I have the burnt tongue to prove it! (Couldn't wait for it to cool!)

VEGETABLE GOOSE SOUP

• 2 skinless / boneless goose breast fillets (in approx. Ύ” cubes)
• 1 medium onion (diced)
• 3 celery stalks (chopped)
• 3 carrots (chopped)
• 4 medium potatoes (in approx. Ύ” cubes)
• 10oz. frozen peas
• 10oz. frozen corn kennels
• 10oz. frozen green beans
• 32oz. vegetable stock (1 large box)
• 1 ½ cups water
• ½ cup and 3 tbsp all purpose flour
• 2 tbsp tomato paste
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp garlic (minced)
• 4 tbsp butter
• 3 tbsp vegetable oil
• salt
• pepper
• 1 tbsp thyme (dry)
• 1 tbsp basil (dry)
• 1 tbsp parsley (dry)

Place onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and butter in a large stock pot w/ cover. Add salt and pepper and sweat over medium heat. (You don’t want them to brown, only to soften and release their flavors.) When semi-soft add 3 tbsp flour and stir. Stir over heat until flour begin to turn golden. Add tomato paste, vegetable stock, and Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine over low heat. Replace lid.

Season goose cubes with salt and pepper as well as half of the basil, thyme, and parsley. Toss in flour to coat. Brown the meat in a separate skillet in vegetable oil over high heat. Once the meat has a nice brown crust, remove from heat.

Add cooked goose to the stock pot along with the potatoes, the remaining seasonings, and the water. Bring to a simmer, replace lid, and allow potatoes to cook through. Once potatoes are soft and the goose meat is fully cooked and tender, add the peas, corn, and green beans. Reduce to a low simmer and cook for another 15 minutes with the lid open slightly.

Serve hot with warm crusty rolls and butter. Enjoy!

BandCollector
02-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Looks good! I think I will give it a try.

Your own recipe or grandma's family recipe?

Take care, John

733SubDucker
02-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Looks good! I think I will give it a try.

Your own recipe or grandma's family recipe?

Take care, John

Thanks! A mixture of family and experimentation for the recipe. Give it a try, you'll like it.:TT: