PDA

View Full Version : Bowflex costs me Yote!

Flipper
02-28-2008, 05:25 PM
I was doing my workout today after work on my Bowflex and I was at the end when my arms felt like jelly and got called into active duty! I looked out the window and saw a pesky Yote hunting along the edge of my yard and my CRP. Pheasants have been coming up and feeding under my bird feeder and I am sure he was after them. I grabbed my muffs hanging beside the .223 that is hanging above the back door and grabbed it off the pegs, opening the bolt and slamming a round in as I slipped out the back door. I got to the corner of the house and saw Mr. Yote trotting at about 150 yards getting closer. He acted like he had seen something he didn't like towards the road and I was afraid he would slip into the cover. When he was at about 100 yards I barked. My gun was rested against the corner of the house and he stopped and looked. My arms felt like lead, the gun felt like cement and I was shaking like crazy. I flat missed a broadside guppy at 100 yards!:tu:

BlueDevil
02-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Hehehe it makes it more challenging that way! Ah well, maybe he'll be back tomorrow and then tomorrow you may have a different excuse! :OUCH: :tn:

HitmenWaterFowlin
02-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Damb bowflex, check the warranty on that badboy you never know you might get some compensation for a mishap like that??? :up:

salthunter
02-28-2008, 10:03 PM
It only hurts more when you miss the easy ones,,.... That dog may never give you another chance:st:

kirsch
02-29-2008, 07:49 AM
I knew there was a good reason not to work out :nn:

I only wish that was my excuse for missing all the coyotes I have over the years.

skb20
02-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Well, look at the bright side Jeff. After all, ya still got them ripped ab's and that strong, sexy core.... right? :LAF:

Flipper
02-29-2008, 11:26 AM
I could not believe it! When I stopped him I thought he was in the bag. Then came the part about holding the rifle still on a bad rest, I couldn't! My wife was watching out the kichen window and just shook her head when he ran off.

The Baron of Bufflehead
02-29-2008, 03:24 PM
You see? THAT is why dedicated hunters like myself avoid physical excersise. Plus, my additional belly fat keeps me warm on those cold mornings. "Hardcore - soft exterior"... that's my motto.:rof: