PDA

View Full Version : Fiddle heads

AllBusiness
05-07-2008, 07:09 AM
Since it's the season, does anyone else pick'em?
A little butter, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper fried real quick. Wondering if you had enough, if you could toss them in the blender with little oil to make some sort of sauce for goose or duck.
It is a good combo just sauting them together.
AB

Go4Ducks2
05-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Yep, I pick 'em!! Soak in salt water over night...then rinse dip in flour and fry in pure butter! Can't get enough!

DUCKDIGGLER
05-12-2008, 06:22 AM
Garry....now that sounds good!!

AB...how bout some LMB fillets... fiddle heads....and a few Bass Ales??

AllBusiness
05-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Ate some the other night deep fried in beer batter.....Super good!

DUCKDIGGLER
05-27-2008, 04:23 PM
That beer batter was key AB....it was a perfect combo with them super steaks you grilled up!

Next feed is at my pad......BBQ'd ribs in the smoker!! A pan of Wicked Baked Beans and some cold Blue Moons!!

Heronk
05-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Call me old school but I just rinse the onion skin off them and boil them. A little butter and lemon juice and mmmmmmm good.

DrBob
06-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Sautee some chopped onions and garlic in GOOD olive oil and then add in the fiddleheads. You can throw in some italian breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese if you like. I do them in a wok. Hard to beat...

I couldn't find any good ones this year - all the ones I found were small. Look them up online b/c there are one or two varieties that aren't to good for you...

Fellow fiddlehead lover...

DUCKDIGGLER
06-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Bob that sounds really damn good!