PDA

View Full Version : Got my coyote pelt back

The Baron of Bufflehead
05-13-2008, 05:34 PM
I got the call last night that my coyote hide was back from getting tanned. I was excited to see it because the taxidermnist said it turned out great and was a real nice hide. I went and picked it up this morning and I'm really happy with it. She was the 5th dog I shot this past winter, and probably the nicest hide so I am really glad I got her done. She was a 37lb female, and a nice silver/grey. The taxidermists Dad used to trap and run coyotes with hounds, and I guess he said it was one of the nicest he's seen when he saw it in the shop. I would have been happy with her either way, but it's a bonus to hear a trained eye thought it was a nice one.

I'm looking forward to adding a few more next winter (I'd like one of each color phase for display) but this one will always be a reminder of the first year that I had success at calling.:DR:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/thebaron1/tannedcoyote.jpg

Preemie Peppie
05-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Looks like a really nice yote! Congrats!

BlueDevil
05-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Way to go Rob that turned out fantastic! Looking forward to seeing more of your 'yotes down the road! :TT:

Road Runner
05-14-2008, 01:54 AM
He did a fantastic job by the looks of it. I cant wait to see it in person. You had a good season chasing yotes, Id imagine next winter will be even better. Hey do you think you could shoot one for my tourny next winter?:rof: :TT:

Quacker-Wacker
05-14-2008, 03:55 AM
Way to go Baron. That IS a very nice hide indeed! Hard to believe it's not worth much!!!:hs:

The Baron of Bufflehead
05-14-2008, 05:33 AM
...Hey do you think you could shoot one for my tourny next winter?:rof: :TT:

I'm sure as **** gonna try! (same as last year...:up: :CL: ) :rf:

Bardern
05-22-2008, 05:04 PM
I think we are all in tough next year Baron!