15 oz White Beans
15 oz Black Beans
15 oz Kidney Beans
1 onion
4 Jalepeno Peppers
1 Large Red Pepper
6 Chile Peppers
1 Minced Galric Clove
1 1/2 Goose Breast Fillets (That means 3 breast fillets from two geese)
2 packages of chile powder

Turn crock pot on high and dump in the tomato paste and the can of whole tomatos. Use a wooden spoon to smash the hell out of the whole tomatos. You wont smash every single tomato but that is all good. Let this concoction heat up and start cutting up the peppers, onions and garlic. Cut the breast meat into bite size chunks as well.

After the tomato mixture is getting heated up, dump the cut up chile peppers and jalepenos into the mix. I personally like my chile a little spicy and I find four jalapenos does the trick. It is just enough to light a fire, but not so much it overpowers you. You can use less jalapenos or none at all depending on your taste.

While this is heating up, brown the cut up goose breast in a skillet. Do not cook it all the way through, just brown up the outside and take it off of the heat.

After about 30 minutes of so of heating up the tomato/pepper mix, dump in the meat (along with the juices from the skillet), onions, garlic, and red pepper. Then put in the two packs of chile powder and stir it all together. Toss in the three cans of beans and stir the crap out of it some more.

Let this cook on high for 1 1/2 hours, and then switch it to low for another 1 1/2 hours. Turn the crock pot down to warm and let it sit until you are ready to eat it.

I like to serve it with corn bread, and with plenty of graded cheese on top. I've never had anyone say they didn't like it.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/JLujack/GooseChile.jpg

skb20
06-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Ahhh... This will be the blueprint for the next batch.

Bless your heart --- SIR!! :TT: :TT:

LeGrand
07-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Looks fantastic.

Thanks.

One question:

When you say "2 packages of chile powder"

Have you got an exact quantity in "OZ" for the package, since we have various size packages where I'm from, and I would hate to toss in the brew to much and ruined your recipe.

Lujack
07-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Looks fantastic.

Thanks.

One question:

When you say "2 packages of chile powder"

Have you got an exact quantity in "OZ" for the package, since we have various size packages where I'm from, and I would hate to toss in the brew to much and ruined your recipe.

My short answer is that the packages are the paper ones that are about 3" by 4". They are a little bigger than your average packaged tea bag. If your familiar with McCormicks marinade packs, they are about the same size. I will get the exact OZ measure the next time I am in the store and post it up.

skb20
07-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Jeff-

Thanks for posting up recipe!!

On the issue of how much chili powder in a pkg -- I really don't know cause we always buy bulk. BUT, I ran this recipe (pretty close, anyway) with 3 Tablespoons chilli powder plus 1 Tablespoon ground Cumin and it came out about light-medium (as I think about kick, anyway). Different brands of chilli powder have way different kick factors anyway, so guys will have to do some experimenting... but that might make a decent starting point. You can always add more, but subtracting can be tough. :CF:

Also... liked the cubed meat approach as well!!:TT:

DUCKDIGGLER
07-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Lujack....looks good bro...thank you for sharing the recipe with us!

Joe I usually use a chipolte pepper or two in my chili.....really makes the dish in my opinion. Nice smoky heat!

skb20
07-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Lujack....looks good bro...thank you for sharing the recipe with us!

Joe I usually use a chipolte pepper or two in my chili.....really makes the dish in my opinion. Nice smoky heat!

No way, Todd, am I gonna cook and eat something if I can't even pronounce it!! OK, OK, I'll try it, smoky heat sounds kinda good :hest: but what the heck are we talking here? dried, canned, pickled.... what???

DUCKDIGGLER
07-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Joe....Around here they sell them canned. The are actually fire roasted jalapenos.....red in color. I use one or two of them diced up and add a bit of the sauce they pack them in.....be careful with them at first as too many can overpower the entire pot o' chili.

They are awesome!

Lujack
07-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Just to clarify a few things. The jalapenos I buy are whole, fresh cut off the plant. You can substitute canned jalepenos very easily.

http://www.southernexposure.com/Merchant2/graphics/jalapenoPepper-thumb.jpg

The chili peppers are also bought fresh and whole. The type I like to use are called Banana Wax or Yellow Wax Chilis. These chili peppers are bigger than the jalepenos but are not anywhere near as hot. They are the type of chili used in the Mexican dish "Chili Relleno" which is a pepper stuffed with cheese, breaded and deep fried.

Banana Wax Chili
http://www.farsidefarms.com/links/Bananawaxx.jpg

The red pepper I refer to is a Red Bell Pepper.

http://www.freshchannels.com/image/nav/content/fresh_produce/photo/fc_redBellPepper.jpg

The chili powder packets I use are 4 OZ.

SSCarnage
07-30-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm definitely giving this a try come fall. My buddy and I had our goose made into sausage and pepperettes, which came out pretty darn good!

deltabound
08-10-2008, 01:03 PM
boy that sounds sure enough good. i will be tryin that very soon and let yall know how it turns out
-db

Fullbored
08-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Made it, ate it, and let me tell ya it is gooooood!

Lujack
08-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Made it, ate it, and let me tell ya it is gooooood!

Glad you liked it!:TT:

Quacker-Wacker
09-14-2008, 05:09 PM
I just made some goose chili today. Just used my regular recipe and added ground goose and it is as good as any Ive ever made. I can't tell the difference and Ive used beef, turkey, venison and now goose- all are great!

deltabound
10-17-2008, 02:56 PM
goin after the second batch today. i put some deer burger in it along with the goose last time as well as a few extra peppers, good ol habaneros:PO: and boy was it some good stuff. my roommate was sittin on the couch sweatin:rof: this time im goin straight goose without the extra heat for my pops. thanks again lujack

Lujack
02-21-2009, 03:02 PM
I made some more of this today and it is still goooooooooooood!!!!!!!