PDA

View Full Version : New Toy (22-250)

BlueDevil
07-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Got my new toy on Saturday! Tikka T3 LH 22-250 with a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x40 scope. I can't hardly wait to drop the hammer on some coyotes! :TT:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/bluedevil98/2008%20Varminting%20Pictures/IMG_1279.jpg

The Baron of Bufflehead
07-07-2008, 05:48 AM
Sweet! I've heard good things about those Tikka's. Make sure you check back in and let us know how it shoots. Are you going to shoot factory, or do some handloading? Good thing about the 250 is there are so many factory ammo choices.

Looks like you guys have a good range facility. Those concrete benches are nice. How long is your local rifle range? We can only shoot to 300 here.

BlueDevil
07-08-2008, 07:26 AM
Baron,

The gun shoots awesome! I on the other hand don't shoot that awesome, hehehe! :OUCH: I didn't get a chance to shoot much cause it started to pour shortly after the picture was taken so we decided to pack it in. I'll probably shoot it again on Thurs (next day off of work). The concrete benches are solid, they have a swivel chair so us southpaws won't feel left out! The furthest target at our range is only 200 yards. I do have reloading equipment and am tossing the idea around of handloading shells. For now I'm going to shoot factory ammo until the break-in period is through. Have you loaded 22-250 yourself? any pros/cons? I've done lots of shotshell loading but not rifle, a family friend gave me his loader practically brand new so I just have to buy a few small things and I could have it up and running fast.

The Baron of Bufflehead
07-08-2008, 02:39 PM
I haven't started loading for my new 22-250 yet. I'm still in the same stage as you, shooting up some factory stuff to break it in and generate some fireformed brass. There's nothing complicated or special about loading for the 22-250. Most 250's are pretty accomodating and tend to shoot well with several different loads. If you decide to work up a custom load, start by selecting the bullet you would like to shoot, and try it with 1 or 2 powders in 3 or 4 increasing charge weights. Chances are it won't take too much loading to find a good combination for your gun.

Loading is enjoyable, but with all the factory choices out there for 22-250 you'll surely find one that you and your gun really like, so it's not absolutely necessary. But if you want to start loading and have any Q's, I'm here fer ya' anytime!:TT:

BlueDevil
07-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks Baron muchly appreciated!
:TT:

Idahogrinder
07-11-2008, 02:52 PM
I have the same gun in .300 win mag, and with the handloads we've got for it, its shootin right at half an inch at 100yds...Love the gun. I've got it topped w/VARxII 6x18 and its fits the bill for me