PDA

View Full Version : feather and stick?

Bardern
12-21-2008, 02:05 PM
OK here is the dumbest question ever.

I was watching a coyote hunt on Wild TV and the host recommended a stick and feather over jack in the boxes or any motorized decoys. Is the stick and feather as simple as a goose feather tied to a stick? Does anyone use or have used this? Good thing is if it doesn't work you aren't out much.:rf:

let the jabs begin!:st:

The Baron of Bufflehead
12-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Goose wing feather, or turkey wing or tail feather. Just tie some fishing line on the quill end of the feather and wrap in a little strip of duct tape over it to secure, then do to same to attach the line to a +/- 2" long stick. If they is any wind, the feather flutters and will help draw a coyotes attention.

kirsch
12-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Lots of people have used this technique/trick over the years. Takes little to no space to carry in and yes it can work. When the goal is to draw the attention from the coyote, it might be just enough to allow you a chance to position for a shot. I don't know if I would say as good as jack in the box or other decoy but simple and can work. As you said, you really aren't out anything to try it.

Cut-um
12-22-2008, 07:31 PM
OK here is the dumbest question ever

let the jabs begin!:st:

Bardern, just to let you know there are no stupid questions here on Flocknocker's unlike other forums, so don't hesitate to ask. We have a membership here that helps each other and doesn't bash members for any reason...:TT:

skb20
12-22-2008, 08:10 PM
...... doesn't bash members for any reason...:TT:

or geezers or dogs either!! Correct, Richard????

:HUH: :Rich:

Cut-um
12-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Lab hating Geezers from MT. and those silly pointing dogs are fair game...:hest:

Flocknocker
12-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Yup two feathers works better for me than one. And a pie tin, the throw away type are great for getting a Cats attention, any size cat. Used to use a tin and make a mound set. Did the same with the feathers also, they just can't stand it, damn thing drives em nuts. The feather work well for yote also, don't put em to high keep in close as you can to the ground. Worked best for me anyway??? Pie pans I have put 4 to 6 foot about the ground, them Bobcats play with em just like house cats, well until you send one down range anyway.

Cliff

Bardern
12-24-2008, 02:01 PM
thanks for the help Cut-em. after I typed out the question I didn't think the answer was that easy!!!!!

I am going to try er out after Christmas guys and will let you know the results.