PDA

View Full Version : Yote' Smackdown

HitmenWaterFowlin
01-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Been at the dogs pretty hard the past two weeks. Been frozen out from the river for waterfowl hunting. Got this male dog two days ago, running shot 200 yards on the dot with the Ruger .223

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd50/HitmenWaterFowlin/DevonsPics613.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd50/HitmenWaterFowlin/DevonsPics622-1.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd50/HitmenWaterFowlin/DevonsPics626.jpg

honker slayer
01-10-2009, 06:05 PM
good job dude

2labs
01-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Very nice, great shot!!

The Baron of Bufflehead
01-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Heck of a shot Devon!:cool:

I've always liked those stainless/synthetic Rugers. Had my hands on one of the ss/sy MKII's at a gun show a few years back and didn't buy it. Yours looks like one of the new Haweyes, yes? How do you like it? I haven't had a chance to check out a Hawkeye up close. What kind of ammo do you feed it? What'd ya whack the 'yote with, and how did it perform (exit/fur damage?). Rifle nuts need to know this stuff...:TT:

HitmenWaterFowlin
01-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Heck of a shot Devon!:cool:

I've always liked those stainless/synthetic Rugers. Had my hands on one of the ss/sy MKII's at a gun show a few years back and didn't buy it. Yours looks like one of the new Haweyes, yes? How do you like it? I haven't had a chance to check out a Hawkeye up close. What kind of ammo do you feed it? What'd ya whack the 'yote with, and how did it perform (exit/fur damage?). Rifle nuts need to know this stuff...:TT:

Baron... the gun is awesome thus far. This is the first season I have put it to use. I bought it last spring from a buddy of mine that went to a 22-250.

I was shooting a Winchester 45 GR. JHP Varmit round, the CXP 1. The entrance was in the back of the head and the exit is non-existent. I am not sure if it came out of the mouth or what???:up: I am getting the fur tanned, have to take advantage of the nice coat, we don't get them too often around here.
We took down two more dogs yesterday, my brother being one of the guys that killed one. I will let him post the pics and his story... wouldn't want to take credit for his kill. I had a miss yesterday at around 80 yards through some thick nasty hawthornes. I wasn't set up in the exact spot planned because of a ditch I could not cross to get to the destination.

Firehunter
01-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Nice looking yote, that is one to be proud of. great shot. :TT:

kirsch
01-13-2009, 04:51 PM
You guys were looking at the coyote and I was amazed at how clean HitmenWaterFowlin clothes looked. My clothes haven't looked that good since the day they came out of the store. Are you sure you are hunting in them ? :nn:

All kidding aside, coyotes are a tremendous challenge at times and a 200 yard running shot is one that will stay in your memory for a long time. I have to admit when they start moving and I shoot I miss more than I hit. Good shot.

It was -32 actual temp when I got up this morning with about a 20 mph wind and more snow. I sure hope this weather straightens up one of these days.

HitmenWaterFowlin
01-13-2009, 06:14 PM
You guys were looking at the coyote and I was amazed at how clean HitmenWaterFowlin clothes looked. My clothes haven't looked that good since the day they came out of the store. Are you sure you are hunting in them ? :nn:

All kidding aside, coyotes are a tremendous challenge at times and a 200 yard running shot is one that will stay in your memory for a long time. I have to admit when they start moving and I shoot I miss more than I hit. Good shot.

It was -32 actual temp when I got up this morning with about a 20 mph wind and more snow. I sure hope this weather straightens up one of these days.

I actually bought them just for the photo shoot. I am glad you noticed how good I look though. :OUCH:

jhartwig24
01-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Nice pictures! That coyote is sure a nice one! Congrats!

What call did you use to get him to come to your setup? Did he come quickly, or slow?

The Baron of Bufflehead
01-14-2009, 11:43 AM
I actually bought them just for the photo shoot. I am glad you noticed how good I look though. :OUCH:

Nice! :cool: We all know how important it is to look good out there.:rf:

Kreller1
01-14-2009, 12:22 PM
I have the exact same rifle but with a Bushnell Elite 4200. I wouldn't trade that rifle for anything. Unlike you, however, I have only shot *at* coyotes with it. :rf:

jimfaststeel
01-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Great looking pics. Way to smack em!!:TT: