PDA

View Full Version : selling raw fur

Quacker-Wacker
01-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Anyone sell any raw fur yet this year. I have not put much effort into fox and coyote hunting because of lower than average fur prices. The word around here is that anyone buying fur this year is buying on pure speculation hence very low prices.

jhartwig24
01-15-2009, 09:50 PM
I have not sold any this year, but I've heard that your lucky to get $5 for a yote! If you skin them yourself, you might get $10-$15

That is very poor! But what else can a guy do...atleast it pays for a little gas!

2labs
01-16-2009, 06:23 AM
I recived $15.00 straight through on my reds, glad I sold when I did in December!

kirsch
01-16-2009, 10:16 AM
I had quoted earlier that fox, coons, and coyote were all about the same $5-$10 for decent to good furs. There are a few winter-white, heavy furred coyotes, with minimal to no damage that will bring a bit more but rare. I am quoting furs are sold in the carcass.

I was told the North American fur auction that normally takes a few days to complete ended after 2 hours the first day and almost no fur sold. Mainly stuff with no holds sold and they went for almost nothing. Again, just from what I heard, nice Alberta coyotes were going for $19. These are great pelts already skinned, stretched and dried.

So, it may be a great year to have something made out of them if you can or hold them for another few years until the Russia, China and other economies straighten out.

2labs
01-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Fur $$ are up since December, at a local auction on the 18th and prices were a lot better!