PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new little yote gun

Flocknocker
03-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Well I had to send the 243 R-25 back to Remington, head space was bad. Shot it with two different brands of ammo and it was way high on pressures. Anyway it's being worked on now.

But I liked the gun so much I got me a DPMS sweet sixteen in 5.56/223 it has a full bull barrel, and man is it a shooter. I put an Acog type sight on it 1x34 with a T-bar with dot. Didn't think it would be more than a close in shooter so i was going to buy a scope and switch back and forth. So I shot a 25 yard target to get it close then moved to 100. I shot a five shot group and when I looked in the spotting scope I about fell over. It was to the right a inch but they were in a couple inch group. I got it dead center and the more I broke the barrel in the better it shot. I was just shooting off the back of my 4 Wheeler for a rest but I shot a 20 yard group and all were in the 2 inch bull most dead center. That was just with some ball ammo, can't wait to see how the 52 grain MBTHP Molly coated do. I been buyin ammo like a mad man, in the last moth it has gone up $100 a 1000.

Did you boys hear about the Osoma Obama SCAM to stop all military brass to not hit the market. They changed their minds after all hell broke out.

Read this.... not responsible for the comments on the bottom, they come with the link. http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod-ends-sale-of-expended-military.html

Anyway I love the little black gun, I got the bull barrel because I'm going to have the barrel spiral fluted when things slow down, which may be another 4 years. But I have a A-10 in 7mm-08 ordered and if I find another Sweet 16 I may buy it also for Debe.

Cliff

The Baron of Bufflehead
03-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Sweet stuff Cliff! Damn, I wish we could hunt with black rifles here! I'd love a rig like that. It'd be a perfect way to fend off an incoming pack of coyotes.:HP:

Cut-um
03-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Just checked out the Sweet 16 on their site, very nice.:hest::TT::hest:

Ruff
03-22-2009, 01:50 PM
This thread is worthless without pictures!! :nn: How did you find a DPMS on the shelf I herd everything was sold within minutes of getting t oa gun shop and the factory has about a 16 month wait I have been told due to a back log in orders that they can't keep up! Nice find and purchase!!

Cut-um
03-25-2009, 09:38 PM
I been buyin ammo like a mad man, in the last month it has gone up $100 a 1000.

I picked up a thousand rounds of .223 boat tail hollow points along with another 500 rounds of Hornady V-Max before our new Prez says I can't have them.:TT: Another thousand rounds of FMJ could be on the next order very soon.:hest:

Flocknocker
03-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Get it while ya can. I have spent allot on ammo myself. It has gone up more than $100 just this month. I am going to go pick up a couple more cases Friday. Got to have rounds to practice with ya know. In no way am I stocking up I just shoot allot!!!! HAHA

Cliff

BlueDevil
03-29-2009, 11:10 AM
I bought 7 boxes of the Winchester USA 40 bulk box in 22-250. My gunsmith friend was telling me prices are going up in Canada as well and his next shipment of ammunition is going to be a few dollars higher. :tu: