PDA

View Full Version : First Dog of the Season

YellowLab
08-31-2009, 06:46 AM
Went out with a buddy Saturday morning. I was on the shotgun, he was carrying his AR. First two stands were dry. Third stand I did two lone howls and a coyote popped out of the brush about 125 yards away. Wind was in the coyotes favor so my buddy shot but missed. I hit the pup distress and another one pops out of the brush, without a clue of what is going on. My buddy can't get a shot because of some tall grass. He is trying to get to his knees and about that time the 2nd coyote is straight downwind and busts us. Two more misses as it runs away.

Next stand we sit down and give an interrogation howl and then go into pup distress. After about 4 minutes three coyotes come charging over a knoll in front of me. One stops and I roll him and switch to another one that is still running towards the caller. I hit him hard and he is spinning circles when my buddy finished him off. Unfortunately in the melee, the 1st dog I dropped apparently got up and ran off.

The one we got was a young male...last years pup.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/c_holt/001.jpg

kirsch
08-31-2009, 09:09 AM
Always nice to get out and put in that first stand and knock the first coyote down. I was lucky enough to do the same about 1 week ago and will be hitting it hard in 1-2 weeks. Congratulations

Cut-um
08-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Way to go guys!!!:TT:

Flipper
08-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Great story and pic!

The Baron of Bufflehead
09-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Right on YellowLab! Makes me want to get at it too!:Bn:

Cut-um
09-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Pretty quiet on this thread, nobody shooting any Yotes???:up:

Kirsch, help me brother, I'm jonesing with no info lately...:hest:

KingofCorn
10-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Harvest is underway in this part of the country. Was shelling a 40 acre patch the other nite just before dark when I seen a yote on the edge of the field. He was bouncing around in the stalks lookin for something to eat. I proceeded to shell towards him and at 70yds I stopped the combine and put an end to his bouncing. His last meal was a 95 gr SXT bullet from my .243...My second yote this season