PDA

View Full Version : Goose Breasts in Onion Gravy. Try it you'll like it!!!!

truray4
10-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Just tried this today, an adaption of a recipe my mother uses for round steak, and everyone loved it so I thought I'd pass it along.

Breast Meat of 1 Canada Goose soaked overnight in salt water
Approx. 1 cup of all purpose flour
1 Large Cooking Onion
1 Beef Bullion Cube
Salt and Pepper
approx. 1/2 cup of butter or margrine
Water
Breast from 1 Canada Geese with silver skin removed then split horizontally in 1/2. Take a meat mallet and pound breasts till flattened then cut the flattened meat in 1/2 again ending up with 8 pieces of meat.

Take breast meat and dredge it in flour seasoned with salt and pepper (to taste about 1/4 teaspoon of each) then fry in butter on medium high heat, in a cast iron frying pan, browning both sides for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove meat and set aside.

Add 1 sliced onion to the frying pan and fry them in them for 5 or 6 minutes in the remaining butter (add more butter if needed) After frying the onions add a couple of tablespoons of the flour left over from dredging the breast meat in and brown flour for a minute or 2.

Return the breast meat to the frying pan an add hot water till the breasts are covered. add the beef bullion cube and bring to a boil then reduce heat and put a lid on the pan and simmer for 2-3 hours and serve with mashed potatoes and your favourite veggies. This recipe makes the best gravy and the goose turns out very tender. Very easy to adapt if you want to cook more breasts by just doubling the ingredients. If you double it use an electric frying pan it works just as well.

LeGrand
10-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Sounds delicious. Will give it a try.

Thanks.

Drakestar
10-14-2009, 06:56 PM
I have made a variation of this one and it has always turned out awesome.

DUCKDIGGLER
10-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Sounds like a winner!

Hey Drakestar.....do you mind sharing your variation with us?? DD