PDA

View Full Version : smoked waterfowl

dessels
10-23-2009, 07:14 PM
does anyone cook duck or geese on a smoker, i cook every thing on my smoker just never tryed duck or goose

CamoHunter870
10-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Well I have a local locker make goose sticks by smoking them in a smoker. He mixes the meat with pork and they turn out great.

DUCKDIGGLER
10-25-2009, 11:08 AM
I use my smoker to make goose jerky and goose pastrami. I have not yet smoked whole breasts....I don't see why not. Brine for a few days and go ahead and smoke at 185 F till internal temp reaches 165 for 20 minutes and I'd think you'd have no problems.

libertychesapeakes
10-27-2009, 06:11 AM
I make all my goose/deer jerky on the smoker and it is goooooood stuff.I also smoke a goose or two for x mas every year.I inject em and then smoke em exposed to the smoke for a couple hours then wrap em up in foil and leave em on for between 3 and 6 more hours depending on how big they are,try not to let your temp get up over 200-215 and your good to go.It always comes out great,I dont do more of it cause I hate plucking the damn things.Also you can take breasts and just indirect cook them on a grill with some wood chips and charcoal and get a nice smokey flavor and not have to screw with the plucking if you just baste em a bit as you cook em so they dont dry out.Just dont let them get past medium !!!!!!