PDA

View Full Version : Finally ordered my first electronic caller!!!!

BlueDevil
11-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Well after much debate (more himming and hawing then anything else LOL) I ordered a Wildlife Technologies caller The Mighty Atom (MA-21). Should have it in a couple of weeks. I'm dying to get out there, tons of coyotes right now plus we have a $20 coyote bounty till the end of March 2010. Anyone else have a Wildlife Technologies caller? Just wanna say thanks to Kirsch for helping me out with the caller and sound selection. :TT:

Flocknocker
11-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Hope it works great for ya and you pay for it in pelts!!

Cliff

The Baron of Bufflehead
11-30-2009, 04:12 PM
I'll be looking for some coyote pictures soon!:TT:

The Spank
11-30-2009, 04:54 PM
I can't wait to see if you can quit working for a living and just get by on bounty money!:rof:

BlueDevil
11-30-2009, 09:33 PM
I can't wait to see if you can quit working for a living and just get by on bounty money!:rof:

Hahaha if anything maybe a few new goose calls to add to the collection, LOL!

BlueDevil
11-30-2009, 09:34 PM
I'll be looking for some coyote pictures soon!:TT:

Once deer and goose season ends and when I do receive the call hopefully I'll be making frequent stops in this forum! Really can't wait to get out there with my 22-250. :TT:

kirsch
12-10-2009, 06:46 AM
You will love the call. You went straight to the Cadillac so you will be a bit spoiled.

Put the call out in a way where you suspect a coyote will be coming where it can follow the path of least resistance right to the downwind side of the call. Place yourself out to where you can easily shoot to 100 yards on either side of that spot without the coyote winding you, and you will kill lots of coyotes.

BlueDevil
01-04-2010, 05:04 PM
I just got my Christmas present to myself in the mail today! Hopefully I'll be able to get out in the next day or so and try it out. The sounds are phenominal. I currently have it rigged with AA's but hope to get the 18.5v battery pack installed right away! :TT:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/bluedevil98/2010%20Varmint%20and%20Predator%20Pics/IMG_2341.jpg

The Baron of Bufflehead
01-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Looks great BD! Every review I've ever read/heard on the Wildlife Technologies calls is the same = awesome. I got to hear one in person last winter and I was extremely impressed with the sound quality. I will be very interested to hear your report. I have been debating one fo rmyself.:rolleyes:

Can you give me an idea of scale? What are the dimensions on the remote?

$20 a dog could add up nicely. Good luck!:Bn:

Flipper
01-05-2010, 03:58 AM
I did a lot of reading and ordered the MA-21 for myself yesterday. Got 55 custom sounds. The guy talked me into the female Mountain Lion in heat sound even though we don't have a lot here in Indiana. He said you can scare the SH%T out of the people in a campground or anywhere else with that one! I could see myself doing a battery test every now and then. Poor church group camping on the neighbors farm! Ha Ha

kirsch
01-05-2010, 11:07 PM
The atom is a phenomenal call. I have one and my hunting partner does as well. Unfortunately one is about 30% louder and has about 2x the remote range so not sure why one is so great and the other is just good. I may have to send the one back to see what is up with it.

You can set 10 favorites on the remote for easier calling and the range is by far the best I have ever seen. The buttons are OK, but can be tough to push with gloves on. The unit is incredibly loud and as others have said, WT sounds (especially vocalization) are the best in the Industry (in my opinion).

They lack a few of the fancy features such as playing multiple sounds at one time and having multiple speakers but this is the call I use and highly recommend it.