PDA

View Full Version : Gloves?

jimfaststeel
12-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Getting ready to get after some dogs and realized that the gloves I used last year are not going to cut it this year. Must be going downhill as far as the circulation thing and old age. Anyhow, what's everyone using for good artic gloves. The ones I've been using are some cabela's brand, but cold and noisy as all get out. There has to be some decent white waterproff fleece one's out there somewhere, but I sure can't find them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

kirsch
12-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Typically, I will wear a pair of predator gloves from Gander Mountain. They are a standard medium/heavyweight mitt with a slot in the middle of palm and these include a finger liner inside as well. In addition, once it gets below freezing, I usually wear a very light weight thin tight pair of gloves inside them. This combination works well down to 0 or slightly below. I have tried Artic Shield mitts and just don't like them as well but some people swear by them.

If it is way below 0F, I will stick with a liner glove but just a bit heavier and I will put big chopper style mitts on over the top. Something like Ice Armor or any big heavy chopper glove can do and will pull it off (of course when the coyote is out of sight or not looking) as soon as I see a coyote. 1-2 minutes exposed in ND with only a light-medium weight glove is tough but as long as they don't hold up too long, it is fine and I slip the chopper back on the exposed hand as soon as the shot is done.

jimfaststeel
12-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks Korey.:TT: Somehow I knew you'd help me out. I'll be looking into some type of mitt and a thin liner.:pl:

Kreller1
12-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Yes, the liners are a LIFESAVER, regardless of what you wear over them. :)