PDA

View Full Version : Coyote hunting video's

hooked on waterfowl
01-08-2010, 07:21 PM
What are good coyote hunting video's? I mean video's that are not just killing video's but one's where you can learn technique's from.What do you recommend?

WTRFWLR82
01-08-2010, 07:40 PM
I just recently got Primos' "Mastering the Art" Guide to calling predators featuring Randy Anderson and really like it. I not only talks about all their different calls and how to use them but Randy Anderson talks about what calls to use and when to use them. He also talks about what different calls mean to coyotes and then shows examples on hunts and different film. Very informational even if you're not looking at buying a Primos call.

The Baron of Bufflehead
01-09-2010, 05:31 AM
All the Randy Anderson vids (Calling All Coyotes / Primos) are good entertainment and somewhat educational. Their first one "Mastering the Art" that WTRFWLER mentions is probably the most instructional DVD out there. For for more advanced educational value (and great entertainment too) I highly recommend Byron South's "Coming to the Call" series. So far, I'd say they are #1 on the recommendation list.

I've also watched "Thew Verminators" series and some of the stuff from the Coyote Docters. They're OK. Hunter's Specialties "Operation Predator" series is another of my favourites, mostly for entertainment as they don't have a lot of instruction.

I've got an interesting DVD coming all about hunting the Eastern coyote. I will be very interested to see what is says as it is supposed ot have a ton of instruction about scouting and setp for eastern dogs.

BlueDevil
01-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Devil Dogs by Zink was pretty good. One of the very first ones I've seen.

I ordered a couple of wildlife calling tutorials from Wildlife Technologies, I ordered the Coyote and the Moose tutorials on DVD. I haven't received them yet but should be in the next few days! Can't hardly wait! :Bn:

Flipper
01-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Yup Baron, ours are a lot tougher! Ha Ha You are welcome to come try some with us! We made 5 sets and killed 1 young female yesterday. The guys loved my new MA-21, it worked perfectly. These area's have been hunted fairly hard, lots of people like hunting coyotes.

kirsch
01-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I wouldn't be a good salesman if I didn't recommend the Drury series called Predator Madness. I didn't offer them up right away because of the question on videos aimed at educating hunters. Drury's are all about entertaining videos. Since I hunt and video for them, I have been trying to influence their production into more of an educational video but they have said there are tons of those out already but I try to slip tips in whenever I can. If nothing else, you get to see me in action a little bit. Predator Madness 5 was just released and I was extremely frustrated as more than 11 of my hunts from last year got left on the editing floor including my night hunting with night vision technology. Hopefully, they will be used next year.