PDA

View Full Version : beginers luck

hound
01-24-2010, 07:41 AM
Chuckwagon and I decided to do some yote hunting before we trained the dogs . We hit the first spot at 735 wagon fired up his newly purchased Knight and Hale . I guess watching Les Johnson paid off not two minutes after blowing himself into purple faced demon I spot a yote at 268 yards( we ranged it before ) ,Holy crap there is another one. Wagon doesn't see them at first... the first dog turns back to the timber as the second dog turns I fire I see a dog run aross the field and disapear. Wagon says I saw that thing buck like you hit it .Off we go we find some blood and tracks it is dragging a leg, crosses a fence row and into some golden rod we lost the track and trail .would have liked to find it but hopefully we slowed him down enough to save a turkey or deer.it is 900 now our coyote hunting career is 90 min old and wagon has called in two yotes. We decide to go across the road .We get to the best spot for a stand I decide I need shooting sticks there is a forked branch that will do for today ( I remembered Barons Lucky shooting stick story).
Wagon is shooting first here ,he does his Louis Armstrong impersonation on this call and 45 seconds later there are ears coming over the knoll 60 yard 50 yards ,I hear click wagon rebolts , click rebolt click , 45 yards coming across gonna catch our wind wagon whispers shoot.Boom this yote spins after the shot and heads out of dodge, runs towards the drainage and doesn't come out the other side. Two stands 4 min hunting one dead one not having a great day and two new yote hunters.

Ps there is snow in the fence rows thats why the snow cammo
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq186/Hound72/yote.jpg

BlueDevil
01-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Congratulations! I was gonna ask what was with the snow camo, thanks for clarifying! :rof: Keep up the great work guys! :D

hooked on waterfowl
01-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Way to go Hound!!

Flipper
01-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Great job, thanks for posting the pic and story!

The Baron of Bufflehead
01-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Atta-boy Mr. Hound!:uh: I have always found my highest success comes first time I call a property. Great to see you had some luck, and now you see why a shooting stick is a necessity. Your's might have some luck in it, but personally I think it's you're lucky turban that did the trick... that headgear rocks. :rof:

Go get some more!;)

The Spank
01-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Snow camo? I dont see any snow camo! :rof: Good job and may I add I have been following this coyote hunting thing and studying it closely and have reached one major conclusion to continued success. I think to be really succesful at this game you have to do as Baron does and purchase a new rifle for each new stand.:rof: Thank god we dont have to do that for the early goose 10 bird limit!:D

The Baron of Bufflehead
01-26-2010, 04:12 PM
...I think to be really succesful at this game you have to do as Baron does and purchase a new rifle for each new stand.

Not a new rifle for each stand Frank - that would be excessive.:rolleyes: I get a new rifle for myself as a reward for each coyote I shoot. It provides me with motivation to keep at such a tough game.:D