PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday kirsch!

The Baron of Bufflehead
04-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Hey Korey... happy birthday!:BZ: Hope you had a great day and had lots of time to relax and enjoy it!:TT: Are you still at the coyotes?

Road Runner
04-16-2010, 05:07 AM
I seem to miss these threads all the time. Hope you had a great day!

Cut-um
04-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Sorry for the late birthday wishes Korey, hope you had a good one...:hest:

BlueDevil
04-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Happy belated birthday Korey! :TT:

kirsch
05-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks guys. I hadn't checked Flocknockers for awhile and was very surprised to see this thread.

How did everyone's season go? Overall, I would say I had probably my most consistent season ever. I had very few ups and very few downs. I killed coyotes from mid August through mid April consistently but very rarely got skunked but also did not have one of those days for the record books where you kill coyotes on every stand. The winter was one of the worst ever cutting down on the areas a person could access. I hope everyone had a good season.

kirsch
05-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Baron,

I forgot to answer your question. I went out one afternoon during the Easter weekend and was able to harvest one. All the snow was gone, temps in the 50s and 60s F and the coyotes weren't in their dens really yet, but of course the mate was over. Lots of lazy coyotes. I was able to bring in 3 which came to about 600 yards and laid down. After about 20 minutes of coaxing them, they got up and finally came to around 350 yards and all 3 laid down on top of a hill right in front of me. I thought, well the gig is up and eventually I am going to have to take a shot. They didn't want any distress and hadn't been responsive to it. I tried a mouse squeek and when that didn't work, resorted to a coyote fighting sound. I went to a very soft coyote fight, and the alpha male just couldn't resist. He left the other 2 and trotted in to about 175 yards and at that point the 22-250 did the rest. I never got a shot at the other two unfortunately.

We have some film to finish up for the season. I don't like hunting this late although the ranchers like me to, but I would like to go out one more time, finish all the interviews left to do, and put in a few stands and see if I can't finish the year out with at least one more.