PDA

View Full Version : First custom calls.......

BlueDevil
11-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Haven't really bought any new goose calls but ordered my first custom predator calls (Carver Calls)

The call on the left is called the Rubber Rabbit (yup, made of rubber, LOL) and the 2nd call is an open reed distress made from desert ironwood and blackwood I believe.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/bluedevil98/2010%20Varmint%20and%20Predator%20Pics/IMG_3893.jpg

The Baron of Bufflehead
11-04-2010, 04:18 AM
Very nice.:) How do they sound?

Be careful... customer predator calls are just as pretty as goose calls, but much cheaper. You're gonna need a bigger display cabinet!;)

BlueDevil
11-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Hehehe yes I've noticed that they are cheaper which I'm not sure is a good thing or a bad thing, LOL!!!! I'm new to predator calling my only previous experience is with the FoxPro Skyote but I think I'm getting the hang of it. The calls to me sound great, I guess in the hands of a more accomplished caller would sound deadly. Looking forward to shooting more this year.

Cut-um
11-08-2010, 09:36 PM
So Mark, what is the call count up to now a days???:hest: Hard to believe we thought GW-Smith was the Flocknocker's ultimate call whore...:rf::rof::rf:

kirsch
11-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Kerry (Carver Calls) makes great calls. For howling, they are really easy to blow in comparison to most calls. As far as price, as you mentioned, he is very reasonable and great to work with.

I don't hand call as much as I once did, but there is always a Carver Call handy when I am coyote hunting. I had ordered a big dog howler at one point and talked to Kerry after ordering. As we discussed the call he knew I was looking for a call to pull in alpha coyotes and that I hunt fairly large coyotes in ND, so he made a custom call out of maple for me to get even a deeper tone. He is great to work with.

BlueDevil
11-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Ya Kerry seems to be a good guy. Very please with the calls. I haven't had a chance to actually go coyote hunting yet, in the midst of deer season but we just had a snow storm go through here as well so I hope to be able to get out on the weekend before my holidays are up and I'm back to work on Monday.

whytey
12-02-2010, 02:34 PM
BlueDevil, beauti looking call. Now a new collecting call hobby. :rof: