PDA

View Full Version : 3rd time is the charm

goozhunter
12-12-2010, 11:31 AM
got out this afternoon for my third set of the year, got set up on a small clearing about 100 yards across on the edge of thick cedars, called for about 20 mins and then i seen a coyote about 10 yards from my caller, it is hard to see in this feild because the slash and weeds are about waist high but that makes the yotes feel safe coming out in the open i think. as soon as i seen the yote he started troting back to the cover, by the time i got him in the scope it was to late he was gone. so i istantly played the coyote death cry and another one showed up from the same direction but he wasent so lucky i shot him on the run at around 75 yards with the 243 right behind the shoulder. i dont have a very good pic because i was in a hurry to skin her out to get her tanned, she weighed 34 pounds and has amazing silver and grey back and a redish head with a black tip on the tail should get it back from the tanner in a couple on months.

Bardern
12-13-2010, 07:48 AM
sounds like you will end up with a super looking hide.

BlueDevil
12-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Congrats on the hunt!!! Thanks for posting up!! :TT:

The Baron of Bufflehead
12-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Congratulations! Sometimes you have to react fast to put 'em down.:)

kirsch
12-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Great job on the coyote. You hit one of the truths about coyote hunting. Even if you kill a coyote, always continue calling as there may be additional coyotes in the area. In your case, you didn't shoot at the first but a lot of hunters would have gotten up after not getting the 1st and left. Great job.