PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket sounds for Foxpro?

jimfaststeel
12-26-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm looking for some new sounds for the foxpro and especially adult coyotes fighting over food. I see Wildlife Technologies has one but you have to order six sounds at ten bucks apiece and then I'm not sure if it is possible to get them downloaded onto it. Just looking for some differant sounds to throw at em.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

goozhunter
12-26-2010, 10:58 AM
you can order sounds directly from the foxpro website i forget the cost but its nothing to bad, and im preatty sure that you can put just about and soundfiles on the caller.

jimfaststeel
12-26-2010, 11:36 AM
I have 150 sounds from Foxpro but am looking for adult coyotes fighting over food file.

The Baron of Bufflehead
12-27-2010, 05:50 AM
I have a new FoxPro Firefox on the way and I believe it plays .mp3 and other types of sound files (I think the older units only played FoxPro's proprietary sound files). You might just try a google search for sounds. You would have to make sure your unit would play the sounds, but maybe Wildlife Technologies is the way to go. You could get the coyote sounds you want and maybe some new/different prey sounds.

Or, you could build a blind near a bait pile and setup all night for a few weeks with a parabolic mic and record your own sounds. Now that would be hardcore!:rf:

jimfaststeel
12-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Baron, I like your bait pile ideal.:D

kirsch
12-29-2010, 07:29 AM
Jim,

I haven't checked FoxPros library of sounds but what I can tell you is coyotes fighting over food is a very effective sound. It is one of my main calls set as a favorite on my call. However, as you have noted, WT has this sound and even if you purchase it, the sound is in a propriatry format that your FoxPro or even your computer won't know what to do with it, so it really won't help out a lot. WT sounds only work on a WT unit and WT sends out a new card if you add sounds to the unit. If I run across any other options, I will let you know.

jimfaststeel
12-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Korey, thanks for heads up info on the WT sounds. I was kind of wondering if they would work.
And, any help on that sound would be VERY helpfull!!!!