Flocknockers.com  

Go Back   Flocknockers.com > Flyway Forums > Central Flyway Forum

Central Flyway Forum For those hunters in the Central Flyway to talk about regional items, like migrations and local hunting conditions.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:31 PM

Default Hunting vote changes after truck collides with deer

This may belong in the big game forum... But the Central flyway needs some life as well!

http://cjonline.com/news/2012-02-22/...-collides-deer

Hunting vote changes after truck collides with deer
Rep. Anthony Brown switches to support for crossbow season

By Andy Marso

Rep. Anthony Brown, R-Eudora, voted "no" on a bill to create a new crossbow hunting season Tuesday.

By the time he returned to the House chamber for final action on the bill Wednesday, a good-sized doe and "substantial" damage to his pickup truck had changed his mind.

Brown said he collided with the deer in Douglas County on his way home Tuesday evening.

"The deputy who was working said it was the second deer-related accident he'd been at that night," Brown said Wednesday after switching his vote.

The bill, which would allow crossbow hunting for deer, antelope, elk and wild turkey, was originally written to apply only to people with disabilities that make it difficult for them to use traditional long bows or compound bows. But the version that passed 101-22 Wednesday had been expanded to include all hunters, disabled or not.

The bill will now move on to the Senate. If it becomes law, the number of crossbow permits to be issued and the time of year for crossbow hunting to be allowed would be determined by the secretary of wildlife and parks.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:38 PM

I'm just glad he voted based on the needs of the state, and not for his own version of "get even justice!"
Old 02-23-2012, 03:56 PM

Wow, I am glad we have policy makers that make decisions based on thorough investigation, research, and the best interest of those they represent.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take'm@20 View Post
Wow, I am glad we have policy makers that make decisions based on thorough investigation, research, and the best interest of those they represent.
Well at least they are consistent on both sides of the border!!!